Case Study: TRANSCO
“I would like to thank TWPL for playing a part in this achievement. the last 5 years have seen TRANSCO adopt a Strategic Management business model, now recognised to be operating at an Internationally acknowledged good practice standard.”
David Copestake, Managing Director, TRANSCO
TRANSCO is a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA) and is responsible for developing, operating and maintaining the power transmission and water distribution networks within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The Woodhouse Partnership provided the core expertise for the introduction of PAS 55 / ISO 55000 to Transco over a 3-year period, achieving the first utilities certification of an asset management system in the Gulf region. We are currently providing senior management leadership assistance in updating and extending the next 3-year plan with Transco
Duration; 3 years 2012-2015
Systematic review of existing capabilities and maturity in Asset Management (across both water and electricity network operations).
Gap analysis and roadmap development for a 3-year improvement programme, leading to independent certification against the PAS 55 standard for optimal management of physical assets (first such utility certification in the Middle East). Implementation workstreams Inc.
- Development of risk management, criticality and prioritisation schemes.
- Asset management education programme
- Capital investment planning processes
- Project and programme management
- Operational and maintenance problem-solving and innovation activities (including procedures for root cause analysis and elimination, maintenance optimisation, condition monitoring, integrity management).
- Knowledge transfer and engagement of Transco staff in developing their own solutions, integrating and aligning their (previously silo’ed) functions and establishing a clear line of sight between corporate priorities and day-to-day personal activities.